I won't be taking wolf commissions anymore. They're tiring, don't pay particularly well, and honestly, they take the fun out of art for me. I do wolf manipulations because I enjoy it -- I like keeping my Photoshop skills sharp and while I don't roleplay wolves anymore, I still like keeping up with the latest wolf art trends. Besides, constantly being on the lookout for stock photos that allow unlimited commercial purposes is exhausting. I'm over it.
Instead, I'll be taking requests and making gifts. If you are interested, feel free to shoot me a note (but PLEASE -- READ THIS ENTIRE JOURNAL ENTRY. There is important and relevant information down below). You'll probably want to include a profile of your wolf character -- I like seeing links and references. Include anything else that might be good for me to know.
Now, although I'm opening up requests to the public, I want to make a few points very clear. These are my conditions:
- I work full-time by day and study in an accelerated CFP program by night. Between our busy schedules, my fiance and I treasure what little time we have together. I also have a dog, whom I love and spoil. <3 These requests will be done on my timeline and by my availability. This may mean that your request won't be looked at in weeks, maybe even months. I guarantee nothing.
- I reserve the right to reject any request for any reason, even if it's as petty as "I hate white wolves. White wolves are annoying to manipulate." (The above statement isn't true for me, but I was providing a petty example, so don't let your white wolf deter you from sending in a request.) Basically, if I don't want to fulfill your request, I have the right to turn it down.
- Gifts are final. I'll do my best to make any additional edits, if you're not satisfied, but I reserve the right to draw the line.
- Requests should be reasonable. This means following the rules of common courtesy and decency. Flex your pleases and thank yous. Send me only one of your characters at a time, so you don't clog up others' opportunities for a gift manipulation. Don't abuse my time and efforts.
- You can use my art outside of Deviantart. Nothing commercial, please. You are free to crop the image and make tables, banners, avatars, etc. I do firmly insist that you CREDIT me (Penguiduck or Yahtzee) and link to my DA account anywhere you do use it -- ultimately, it's still my art. No, I won't be stalking your usage of my images; no, I won't hunt you down if you don't credit me in your table. Please just do the courteous thing and abide by my credit wishes. As a community, I do ask that you help protect my art from thieves. Also, the credit will lead other roleplayers to me who may want to make a request. Free art for everyone! (If you need help with adding credits to a forum table, please let me know, and I can assist you.)
- All stocks I use are free to use on DA because their providers and artists are wonderful and allow for that, though they might have other off-site requirements. Along with my final product, you must also credit the creators of any stocks and backgrounds I may use in your manipulation should they require it off of DA. I list them in the notes of the manipulation itself, so you should have no trouble finding them. Please do your due diligence and check their stock usage requirements. I will mostly be using stock from Dawnthieves, and the photographers do allow use anywhere.
- Like I said, these are not commissions. These are gifts. I make no money from creating these wolf manipulations. If you are able and willing, however, and you think that you would have paid for my art anyway, please consider making a donation to a charitable cause in the amount that you were willing to pay. Any charitable cause. Go fund the rescue of puppies or conservation of forests, the curing of aids or the feeding of the homeless. I believe that the greatest gift in life is the ability to give.
After reading the above and if you are still interested, send me a note with the following in the subject line: "I've read and understand your request conditions." Type your pertinent request information in the body of the note, and send it on off! If the subject line is not appropriately titled, I will not respond to your request. Assuming everything is good to go, I will acknowledge your request within a few days or so, just to make you aware.
Questions? Feel free to ask!